The Director in Me
Movie Making Team Building
The Director in Me team building program is based on the belief is that everyone is creative. It’s a natural part of being human but generally something that we repress. The great thing about film is that it provides a creative way to bring a theme to life in a way that is loads of fun and highly interactive for everyone involved.
A big part of the success of this program is what we do up front before the film making starts.
Rather than throwing everyone in the deep end and say ‘go for it’, we create a fun environment where people feel really comfortable and learn some how-to-create skills in the process and get rid of the usual things that inhibit creativity and creative collaboration. This includes a number of acting, improv theatre and voice projection exercises. This enables great ideas and creativity to flourish and teams are ready to shine.
We also work with teams to get into the headspace of what is required to create a great film and go into the heart and soul of the film making process. As such, the Visualfunk team includes people who are professional actors, entertainers and film makers. This ensures that as well as having a fantastic time, teams produce something that is not a pile of rubbish!
Teams are provided with the necessary materials, training, themes and costumes – the rest is all up to their imagination in this creative team building exercise. The movies are then shown later in the day or over dinner for a fantastic ‘trop-fest night at the Oscars’.
- Opens up new lines of communication and teamwork
- Discover more about the hidden talent of team mates
- Encourages everyone to take a step outside of their creative comfort zone
- Organisational and/or offsite themes are worked into the session
- Costumes and makeup are provided. Teams also get the chance to design and create their own costumes
- Practical instruction in creating a film and using a camera from a professional producer/director!
- Films are shown in the evening as part of a ‘trop-fest’ movie evening – complete with comments from the judging panel
- Everyone gets the chance to have fun, laugh! (with each other and at themselves)
2-4 hrs – It’s fantastic evening when the movies are shown over dinner and perfect for any conference.
Can use both indoor and outdoor locations
“I just wanted to take this opportunity to say that we had an absolute blast over the weekend with you both. The movies were fantastic and we feel the whole event went brilliantly. We can’t wait for the photo’s!”