Creativity & Innovation
At Visualfunk, creativity and innovation is at the heart of our business. We teach it and most importantly, we practice it. Because we live and practice it every day, we understand it.
- We understand that creativity is at the heart of innovation.
- We understand that people are at the heart of corporate innovation.
- We understand that innovation is more than changing the packaging of a product.
- We understand there is a huge gap between saying we value innovation to actually understanding how to achieve innovation.
- We understand that creativity is natural. It’s normal. It is what we were born to do.
- Most importantly, we understand why people choose not to be creative and how to change it.
- We take a non-text book approach to creativity and innovation. We know that it is more than just sitting around a table with a few creative thinking techniques. Creativity and innovation is a language, it’s the way you behave and it’s a complete way of working. This has been developed from earning a living from being creative before we started to teach it.
- We believe that creativity is a behaviour, it’s a verb, an action, something you do. It’s not just a thinking style as commonly written about in many text books. When you behave creatively, great things happen. The more you practice that behaviour, the more natural it becomes.
- We believe that the biggest hurdle to developing a culture of creativity and innovation is not the company itself, but the people within the company and the “I am not creative” mindset. When you have everyone believing that they are creative, then they behave in a creative way.
Visualfunk takes a holistic approach to both creativity and innovation. We integrate a wide range of arts-based principles and practices (people who make a living from being creative) and combine it with 10 years of corporate experience and understanding the realities of corporate life.
Visualfunk delivers a holistic approach to creativity that includes:
- Creating a great environment to work in
- Keeping you and your team fresh
- Engaging with the necessary stimulus
- Developing creative behaviours
- Maintaining the ‘creative state or flow
- Idea development and generation
- Using the language of creators
- What not to do!
- Learning to see possibilities
- Maintaining momentum to make ideas a commercial reality
“Wow! What an impact our 2 days with Visualfunk has had on our team. The team are constantly thinking outside the square for business improvement ideas. This is an absolute strength to this team and Sanitarium, and we are already seeing the business results, Well done Visualfunk and we can’t wait for our next session in April.” Sanitarium